

For the past few weeks, I've been working on my character's face in Maya. Her head started out as a simple block that became more complex as I extruded, shaped, and added edges. You can see the edges, or green lines, in the first image that looks like a blocky c-3po from star wars. The next image is a smoothed-out version without the edges. Being an anime character, she will need much bigger eyes and her nose needs a little work. Nevertheless, I'm happy to see the shape of her face start to emerge!
That is so awesome. :) I am super jealous that you get to do these kinds of things. I especially loved the 3d room that you created earlier in your blog history. I'm going to sign up for the animation class you are in next semester. What's the course id?
ReplyDeleteWell, the computer animation class is only offered in the fall so you'll have to wait a while, but the course id is film 4700. I know you'll have a lot of fun in the class, but be prepared for a lot of work!
ReplyDeleteGreat, looks awesome so far. Is this something that's going to be completed by the end of the semester? If so, I'd love to see it anime-fied.
ReplyDelete(btw, love the new look for your blog. Do you watch Inu-yasha much?)
Thanks! I don't actually watch Inyuasha but I liked the banner so I decided to use it for my blog ;) I watch Slayers though, that's a fun anime.
ReplyDeleteYep, it takes an entire semester to create one character in the modeling class. Crazy, eh? I'll post my character here when it's done. Right now I'm more concerned with my animation though. Oye, I have a lot of work to do...